Marinated hard cheese DŽIUGAS®
- 200 gof hard cheese DŽIUGAS
- 200 mlof quality olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoonof smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoonchopped paprika flakes
- 3peeled and knife crushed cloves of garlic
- 4 stalksof fresh rosemary
- 4 stalksof fresh thyme
Add the oil, smoked paprika, paprika flakes and garlic into a clean glass jar. Add the herbs and finally, the cheese broken in pieces. Flip the jar upside down and leave for 1 minute for the oil to spread evenly.
Place the closed jar in the fridge and leave for at least an hour. You can marinate the cheese up to two weeks – it’ll achieve even more taste.
Serve at room temperature.
Such cheese is suitable simply as a snack, or for flavouring various salads. You can also add some olives to the cheese jar – you’ll end up having great assorted snacks.